We are by no means experts. Far from it. We are an ordinary British family with big dreams and high hopes.
In 2015/2016 we travelled extensively throughout Europe in a second-hand motorhome with two school aged children and a dog for 12 months. I suppose that makes us experienced?
After touring Europe we found the courage to up sticks, sell our motorhome and start a new life in a country we couldn’t even pronounce. That probably makes us mad, right!?
Even so, we have learnt a lot from the decisions we have made. We figured out some great travel hacks and became proficient packers. We found amazing places and made amazing memories. We found ways to reduce stress and maximise pleasure. We saved money and made money. Above all, we learnt how to downsize from a 4-bedroom home to just 9 suitcases. We learnt the art of liberation!
Our blogs are dedicated to the emotional experience of travelling as a family. These pages contain practical advice for anyone hoping to travel with children (and a dog), take a long road trip or experience motorhoming for the first time.
If you are considering a huge life change, make sure you are prepared by reading these pages first!
- SELECTING THE RIGHT VAN FOR YOU
- TRAVELLING WITH YOUR PETS
- OUR 12-MONTH BUDGETS – TRAVELLING EUROPE
- BOOKS YOU SHOULD NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT!
- TRAVELLING OVER CHRISTMAS
- BUYING THE RIGHT BIKES FOR YOUR MOTORHOME
- OUR TOP 11 RECOMMENDED CAMPSITES
- OUR TOP 13 EUROPEAN AIRES & WILD CAMPING SPOTS
- WiFi ON THE MOVE!
- OUR TOP 15 MOTORHOME MUST-HAVES